RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My 2016 Range Rover L405 sounds like a diesel and has a ticking that is driving me crazy. I have attached a video to see if any RR experts here can figure out what it is! Still under warranty but my local dealerships suck. Would like to have an idea before I walk in there! Please help me it is killing me from the inside.

Thanks!
Sal

Video: [video] https://youtu.be/8mjErhXc_CU[/video]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went to the car and started reving, the ticking speeds up, and there was a strange grinding noise coming from under the vehicle (Drivers side)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Salman, get rid of those ugly black side vents! Just kidding. Peter Benevidias of Land Rover Pasadena can help you. Just call him ahead of time to schedule an appt. they have free loaner ****ty evoquesbut still convenient. It honestly sounds like a bad rocker arm or lifter. You need to get it fixed ASAP! Keep us posted. Some real housewife didn’t change her oil...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mark, ill reach out to Peter. This is the first pre-owned vehicle I have ever purchased, and it was a CPO. Probably the last time. Its better to have it in one set of hands like my other cars.

Ill keep the forum posted on the result.

·
Registered
404 Posts
One more thing. When you call him leave a message. He will call you back from a blocked number. He's so busy he doesn't answer his phone ever. But always calls back the same day.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I would do a visual inspection of the exhaust manifold on that side sometimes it could be a leaky exhaust... since you said it was only on the drivers side that is where the high pressure fuel pumps are located, they are known for becoming noisy. check the lower portion of the engine to see if it is coming from there. If it were a rocker arm the noise would be coming from on top.

·
Registered
274 Posts
just google Noisy high pressure fuel pump and you will see many videos of cars with noise just like yours from a bad fuel pump. as I said before the location of your complaint gives it away.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
It sounds like a stuck lifter for the high pressure fuel pump cam..

They all sound like that..yours is just...loud

metallic sounding

not normal

take it in immediately

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sal,

Does your car have any other symptoms? Mine is making a similar noise that also speeds up with the revs, but not quite as loud. The people at the dealer refuse to acknowledge that the noise is unusual, which I know for a fact that it is because it is a new occurrence. My car is also down on power when attempting hard acceleration.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine doesn't seem to have any performance issues, when i pull into my parking garage at work, the valets know i'm pulling in because of the ticking. Power feels fine, and fuel economy is doing pretty well. I haven't taken it in yet, I am on vacation on the eastern seaboard, but the moment I get back, it will go to the dealer. Once complete i will post what the dealer acknowledged, and the paperwork for other members of this forum to get some insight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just dropped it off to the dealer. Will update everyone once I get it back. They gave me a Velar R Dynamic and I find it claustrophobic with surprisingly cheap materials.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
salman211
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing