RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Right temp sender reading -40 on live data, changed sensor 3 times now and dicided it must be somthing else so have cheacked the wiring, voltages etc etc and yes well...

from one side of the plug i get a voltage reading of about 4.75 volts (this is a cheap well battered multi meter so will not be exact) and the other side i get a voltage reading of 9.28.

so look up manual and take reading from ECU pin (input) with it disconected from the sensor i get a 4.75 volt reading with it conected 9.2 volts. now according to the manual voltage should drop as engine warms up bur engine warm and i get this.

I am missing somthing or wiring/ECU fault?

pre 99 gems 4.0

Thanks

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
You are looking at the correct one aren't you? There's two temperature sensors on a GEMS, one to drive the temp gauge (green coloured one at the centre front of the inlet manifold just above the top hose outlet) and a second one to drive the petrol ECU which is a brown one just to the left and slightly behind it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quick update :- have opened up the ECU and can see a burn out track on circit board, so wonder if this could be problem..

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
Certainly isn't going to help.....

You need to find out why it burnt. It may have been overloaded by a short to ground in the wiring or it could have been a component failure in the ECU itself. I'd be very cautious of simply replacing the burnt track with a piece of wire without knowing what caused it to burn out in the first place.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Don't forget that if you replace your ECU you will have to sync it to your BeCM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts