Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the alert on my 2006 RRSport during a long road trip. It appeared on the dashboard LCD panel as you scroll through the "i" alerts. I did notice the car seemed to have less power . . . but the books explanation was incredibly vague. . . .anyone have this experience?

Even stranger was that when i turned off the car to get fuel, and turned it back on, the alert was gone AND the truck seemed to have much more power . .

strange, strange, strange . .

Any thoughts would be most appreciated - thanks!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
kennyb said:
. . . but the books explanation was incredibly vague. . . .anyone have this experience?
That's because it could be a ton of things causing it to pop up, from a dirty MAF sensor to a software calibration issues to a malfunctioning S/C cooling pump. Land Rover wants you to remain ignorant and take the car to the dealer so they can hook it up to their computers and read the exact trouble code (which should have been stored in memory) to identify the specific problem - all you and any mechanic without a fault code reader will see is that creepy message of doom on your dash... :wink: If the message doesn't reappear after a restart and the car seems to be running fine, don't sweat it and wait until your next scheduled service visit to tell your dealer or indy shop about it, but be sure to tell them or they may not look it up and clear any stored fault messages.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts