RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.bit of advice required,My RR keeps getting the warning message ENGINE SYSTEM FAULT I have taken it to 2 garages both say there are no problems with it,i asked if there was any way to stop message appearing but they say no,i find this hard to believe,can anyone advice me please
thanks in advance

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Kinda difficult to guess when we don't know what year and which engine you have. Perhaps their diagnostic equipment does not read LR specific codes. What kind garages were these?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rrtoadhall its a 2007 3.5 v8 sport one of the garages was a Land Rover garage (not the main dealer} the other one was a local guy

·
Registered
767 Posts
Thanks rrtoadhall its a 2007 3.5 v8 sport one of the garages was a Land Rover garage (not the main dealer} the other one was a local guy
Ok so it is a 3.6 (not 3.5) V8 Diesel - while some diesel people do come here, being a North American site it tends to mainly have petrol V8 engined vehicles so there is little knowledge of diesels.

I suggest you go to the UK RRS site for your information http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/

My only suggestion is to clean your MAP (inlet manifold sensor) as it could be mis reading. There is a current thread there on the TDV8 throwing up faults when towing but not recording codes and this may be of interest.

Garry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts