RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that when ease off the brakes just before accelerating I get a slight stutter, it seems as though the idle speed is not high enough - as soon as I add some gas it goes away. Anyone else notice this? I am on the v8 dynamic.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
How many miles do you have and do you run proper fuel?

That sounds like first indicator of needing an intake service/cleaning.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
About 12k miles and yes always use the highest octane the station has.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
122 Posts
This sounds like the Intelligent Stop/Start. Switch it off by pressing the Eco button (2014 model) or the A button (2015 model) and see if it goes away. But I do feel the "stutter" as the engine is kicking back in because of the Intelligent Start/Stop system.

·
Registered
458 Posts
This is very interesting that someone noticed this. As a Yukon Denali owner as well, it sounds exactly like the engine is completely shutting off on deceleration. I am positive I know that sound. As soon as you give it some gas, it sounds like it "farts" as it fires all the cylinders back up.

I don't know if this is the case, but I know the sound and believe that this is what's going on here. No combustion on deceleration (in easy driving.).

Edit: Though we hope you know that the Eco mode shuts the engine off if you're just sitting at a light. You'll see it on your tach that the engine's off.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Sounds like a faulty oxygen sensor or one of the dozen other sensors responsible for proper fuel air mixture in these cars. Do you own an ODBII scanner?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isn't this what a dealer is for?
Yeah, but without you guys I am usually clueless. I haven't taken it in yet as I find that I hate being without my RRS.

I am sure it is not the auto off feature and it only happens on slow down nearing 0mph, I like to have a very smooth almost unnoticeable stop and that is where it stutters.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like a faulty oxygen sensor or one of the dozen other sensors responsible for proper fuel air mixture in these cars. Do you own an ODBII scanner?
No sorry, I don't. I will just have to take it in eventually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts