RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday while driving on the motorway, a warning appeared that I had no diesel left. This was shortly after refilling. A minute later the engine started to misfire, and i was forced to stop at the side of the motorway. I could restart the car, but it misfired and stopped. Two days after being towed to the dealer, I was told that it was a software issue, specifically: body control module software calibration error causing a "false empty" reading and subsequent engine shut down. The fault was remedied through a software update.

Has anyone experienced this? Is it OK that I was sold the car with outdated / faulty software?

Many thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, not the same issue but I had owned two Jaguar XF's. One saloon and one estate. Both with 3lt diesel engines. Both suffered 'tank slap' ie when pulling up with a full tank of fuel there was a couple of thuds. Both cars were repaired using felt, both cars ran out of fuel with the gauge showing a quarter full leaving me and my wife stranded, once on a Bank Holiday.

The dealers admitted that the fuel tanks in 3lt cars were of poor design but they are still fitted. May not be what's wrong with yours but a little knowledge as they say.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We had this same exact issue with our car...same update on BCM. No issues since, about 3000 miles. See my post

1 - 5 of 5 Posts