RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2000 8HSE and in one week it was hit in an accident and taken to a body shop where it has sat for two months. The shop replaced entire cooling system and then told me The fuel pump went out and insurance refused to pay saying it was not related to accident. I paid and then shop says head gasket blew and it was taken to another shop where it was determined the rods were now bent and needed massive engine repair. Insurance says again this has nothing to do with the accident even though when I bought this truck the engine was smooth and no sound and no smoke or leaks anywhere. I am removing truck from current shop looking for somebody in the Miami or Hollywood area that is capable of fixing this without doing further damage. Have any ideas or know of somebody trustworthy because I am already out thousands

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
877 Posts
It's impossible to say...but it sounds like your real problems trace back to the first shop doing the work. I can't even begin to figure out how they managed to bend the rods.

Do you have any pics and more info about the crash? If it was severe enough to reach the motor, we may be able to figure out an argument to get the insurance to cover. Cracked block, coolant hose burst by the intake...or such.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
What kind of accident were you in that could've taken out your fuel pump, or anything in your engine?

Are you sure the shop didn't sell off/swap stuff?
If it was sitting there two months, did they figure you had abandoned it?

It's suspicious that the RR. Was in an accident a week after you bought it, then want insurance to cover what sounds like catastrophic engine failure by description, along with the fuel pump and who knows what else under the accident.
If the accident was bad enough to break an engine like that, it's totaled, and I'd be surprised anyone survived,

There's more to this than what they're telling you, or you're telling us.

Somebody's trying to pull a fast one.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
938 Posts
I think Mark is right , you might want to get legal advise on this one. They might have even switched the engine.
Where in Miami is the body shop?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts