Range Rovers Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
But the dealer did the install for you right? Can you pm me your contact at JLR?
Yes, "Dealer Installed"... But the "Geniuses" didn't seal the rear engine Block to the Tranny correctly and last weekend I noticed a "Rear-Main-Seal" leak that I KNOW they "F-d-Up" and am gonna have to both Expose and Make them Re-Do... So, No my Brother I won't recommend them to you for justice sake!

·
Registered
14 Posts
have a 2017 HSE dynamic, motor is blown on our vehicle as well. Can you replace the v6 with the v8 motor in the l494?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
have a 2017 HSE dynamic, motor is blown on our vehicle as well. Can you replace the v6 with the v8 motor in the l494?
I mean you could but... That would take a semi-monumential effort with Software, Wiring Harnesses, and the Works... My Adviece, sell the V6 and go get a "well-maintained" V8-Supercharged equipped AJ-V8 Sport!

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Got her back this morning and she's running great, not going over 3k rpm till after break in of about 1500 miles. At that point I'll change the oil and she should be good to go for good. Funny that a couple of days ago I got a letter regarding land rover's settling of the timing chain class action lawsuit, looks like land rover will pay for 40% of this repair which is 8k. A little good news there.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Got her back this morning and she's running great, not going over 3k rpm till after break in of about 1500 miles. At that point I'll change the oil and she should be good to go for good. Funny that a couple of days ago I got a letter regarding land rover's settling of the timing chain class action lawsuit, looks like land rover will pay for 40% of this repair which is 8k. A little good news there.
I made sure to stay under 4,000 Rpms and changed the oil and filter myself with Castrol Pro 0w-20, OEM filter at about 990 miles. It was the dirtiest damned oil I've changed in 28 years of doing all the routine maintenance on our vehicles. I couldn't believe it... I'd change it sooner than later if I were you. Right around that 1K mile mark with the new engine is about perfect! I wouldn't have believed it had I not done it myself.

Reactions: naks

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Funny that a couple of days ago I got a letter regarding land rover's settling of the timing chain class action lawsuit, looks like land rover will pay for 40% of this repair which is 8k. A little good news there.
Same here, I got two letters for 2012-2014. Interesting they did not include the 2010-2011 trucks with the same issues.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I got a letter too... After reading it I felt it was a lame solution that is to be meeded out in March that will likely be more of a waste and burden of time trying to collect than I could use said time doing better and more productive things... like most class action lawsuits by the way... I'd be lucky to clear $1,000 by the many hours of jumping thru hoops and providing 3-8 times or more in order to clear so little. So I threw the letter away as like I would unsolicited junkmail. Maybe I'm wrong (hope I am) but it looks to be a wasteful way to spend my free-time such as clipping coupons when I looked at the year to mileage and proving of documentation, etc. Shouldn't be that way but a lot of things are that shouldn't be.

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I got a letter too... After reading it I felt it was a lame solution that is to be meeded out in March that will likely be more of a waste and burden of time trying to collect than I could use said time doing better and more productive things... like most class action lawsuits by the way... I'd be lucky to clear $1,000 by the many hours of jumping thru hoops and providing 3-8 times or more in order to clear so little. So I threw the letter away as like I would unsolicited junkmail. Maybe I'm wrong (hope I am) but it looks to be a wasteful way to spend my free-time such as clipping coupons when I looked at the year to mileage and proving of documentation, etc. Shouldn't be that way but a lot of things are that shouldn't be.
It took all of 10 mins to send in all my docs, let's see what happens.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It took all of 10 mins to send in all my docs, let's see what happens.
Hopefully that is all inclusive and all it will take then. My experience is much, much more and down the "rabbit-hole" when trying to get and end result pay-out in other situations...

Yes, keep us updated!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts