RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering purchase of 2014-16 Sport but need information on engine reliability. I currently have 99 P38, 07 RR & 08 RR each with over 150K and am fully aware of the peccadillos associated with each engine. The 300HP 07 & 08 meet my needs for power but it's hard to beat the 4.4 for reliability. I searched this and several other forums looking for information on reliability for the engine offerings beginning in 2014 but didn't see anything. Would appreciate thoughts on the different engine configurations. Right now, I am leaning toward the 340HP V6. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I think the engines are identical except for the extra two cylinders in the bank, so I imagine both have similar reliability/issues.

I'm over 40k miles on my 2016 SCV8 and it's been great thus far. Vehicle in general has been very good. Good luck in the search!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I’ve had good luck with my past 2 5.0l SC engines, but haven’t owned them past 50k. We just traded an LR4 in with 90k flawless miles on its an 5.0l V8.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did you research the jag forums ? That V6 is new as of 2013 so there isn't going to be any long term reliability data. It obviously doesn't make sense to compare to any old RR or BMW motors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts