RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! Is there anyone here who runs on 4.6 with 14CUX hotwire installed in RRC with standard cooling system? I've swapped my 4.2 with 4.6 and since that I've got operating temp a little bit higher than it was before. In the same outside conditions it runs about 95 C degrees with brand new standard radiator installed. Aslo I tried 74C termostat but no changes. I'm not sure is it normal or not and what kind of upgrades should I tried to get it cooler. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, I have Tornado chip installed and tried both tune resistors for cat/lambda engines 3,9 and 1,8 KOm with the same performance.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I have a very modified 4.6 in my 95 classic pushing 300bhp. you need to have a good cooling system I/E new or rodded radiator, good airflow, properly working fan clutch mine is out of a stock 04 d2 and make the engine breathe with a non restrictive exhaust. I use 04 d2 y pipe and cats with center muffler and a borla twin pipe muffler, all pipes are 2 1/4 inch in diameter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts