RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum! Been on this for a while but first time I've posted. I have a 2006 RRS that the ac went out in last night driving home. I noticed a high reving of the engine, but upon feathering the gas a couple of times, it stopped. AC did not come back on. When I got in the car this morning, AC seemed to be fine. After driving for 5 min, AC went out again. I looked at the panel (no warning lights) but the engine temp was on the upper end of normal. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Brownie

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,461 Posts
Thermostat...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
I am actually going to throw out that it sounds like the clutch went out on the fan.

With you saying "high revving" was it making a howling noise that went away with throttle feathering? It may have been your fan clutched in for one last gasp before taking a life ending nap.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,461 Posts
A life ending nap!! Ha ha good one.

I had expected it to be the thermostat since that causes the fan to blow harder and raises the revs when it is stuck or blown.

Do let us know which one it turns out to be....unless it was a nest of squirrels which chewed up the belt and is no longer causing the belt to successfully turn the compressor!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts