RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is getting pretty cold at night where I am at. I hear the rover making some strange noises on start up, and since its a bit old I have been thinking about doing it a favor. I really want to get an oil pan heater, which are reasonably priced. However, finding an engine block heater for it has been difficult. Can I stick a generic one on it, or do i need to buy that $170 one from Atlantic British? I KNOW its a V8, but I want it to last a bit longer... Got to drive it in the snow recently, I have to say that it is the most stable and predictable vehicle I have ever driven in the snow. You actually have to work the wheel a lot to get it out of control :D . Even then it still recovers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's a link to the guys that actually make the LR block heater that everyone else repackages.
http://www.zerostart.com/UserFiles/File/2009_Zerostart_Application_Guide_and_Product_catalog.pdf
The model number is 3100039 for the V8 block from 87 right through 04. The good news is that this block (old GM V8) has been used for many years and is used on many NA made vehicles, so it's easy to get once you have the cross reference information.
Nice to have it once things get below -30C.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Duenorf, that is exactly what I am looking for, thank you!

That webasto heater looks really neat Ferdinand. I did some looking around and that would be a really nice addition to the rover. However, they do seem a bit pricey, about $2000 to $2500, which is about what my rover is worth :( . Have you been able to find one that is not as expensive?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts