RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, out of the blue I get the "engine disabled - press remote" message on the dash. Problem is I bought the car used 2 years ago and never got a remote key fob, just the standard key.

It's a 1996 4.0.

I had a window regulator replaced in the winter and the automatic door looks sometimes became tricky if I tired to lock the car from the inside (would make noises or hesitate before locking all 4 doors). This is the last issue I had before driving home from work and locking the car from the outside on Friday.

Any ideas on what's wrong or how to fix the problem?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
p.s. i can unlock the truck, then lock it again and i get the outside "indicator lights" to flash for about 30 seconds. i have no idea what for or what to do next...

...these are the lights that used to flash once when i unlocked the doors under normal conditions.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Have you entered your EKA code via door lock? You'll need to be careful, you will put your BeCM into alarmed status and then it will have to be sent out to be fixed. Once you get this issue taken care of be sure to order up a remote for your rig.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've read and searched this forum for the EKA code unlock procedure, but i'm not sure i get it...

it seems like people think the code is probably 1515, but what is the process to enter this code?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got it to work. unhooked the battery and then reconnected it with the key in position 2. then i entered my eka code and it worked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
krh7 said:
i got it to work. unhooked the battery and then reconnected it with the key in position 2. then i entered my eka code and it worked.
bought a used rangie , dont have a remote and dont know the EKA code, every now and then locks up.. what is this 1515 code that you found?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts