RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the case is that suddenly when I take a tight left turn and step on gas pedal ABS kicks in and shakes the car for a second when it cuts the power. This doesnt happen when I drive straight forward or when I turn left or at any speed bumbs. And this doesnt happen if I roll the curve without any gas applied. And there are no extra noises for any loose bushes or anything. Everything has been replaced a month ago. (upper and lower control arms on both sides, ARB bushes, the alternator is new)

There are no fault codes regarding this issue at all. When the ABS kicks in the yellow DTS light blinks at dash board for a second and after the car is straightened everything is fine. But when I turn the traction control off none of this happens.

What parts should I check into this time :).

·
Registered
729 Posts
It is not ABS activating but it cousin - clearly the DSC is activating and doing what is should and cutting power and applying relevant brakes. So that side of things is all good. The DSC is detecting a sway in the car and activating.

The issue then is what is causing DSC to activate? Poor driving technique when driving? - probably not as you would know it - I have tried a couple of times to activate my DSC by moderate slides and it does not come on.

What I have experienced though and was the only time I have DSC come on in normal driving was on some corners - the reason my passenger side rear tyre was substantially under inflated - when cornering it was allowing the car to sway outside limits and activating DSC - from the drivers seat I had no idea. The same scenario has been reported in many different forums all around the world.

So as a first check - check your tyre pressures as it is easy to do.

Then if there is no issue the hard bit starts - codes should tell if there is a defect in the system but you have indicated there are no codes - this to me points to environmental issues such as tyre pressures, road conditions etc and not a problem with DSC itself.

You mentioned Traction Control - that is a different system again and cannot be turned off - the button on the dash is DSC and the issue did not happen when you turned DSC (not TC) off.

Garry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Garry for the information! I can gladly say that I took out both ABS sensors yesterday and cleaned them and there´s no problem anymore. They had so much metal dust around them that I was surprised they worked at all! Then I took a test drive monitoring the speed info from both sides and everything seemed fine...until something punctured my back wheel and that pretty much it :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts