RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just thought i would post this up. Before i go any further, i would just like to say i have had the problem fixed but this is just encase someone else has the same problem, or has any warning signs.

So basically, had been driving around in my 2010 L322 petrol HSE, stopped in a car park, turned off the car, came back about 15 mins later and proceeded to drive. About 5 minutes later if even that, as i was accelerating, the car basically lost all engine power, power steering and no air con (blower still working but not cold). so i coasted to the side of he road and stopped. Turned off the car and waited a few minutes, tried to start it again and it cranks but doesn't start.
All electrics are working, so i check the fuse for the fuel pump, and all is fine.

Basically in the end i had it towed to the local service guys and they ended up replacing the fuel pump, filter, gaskets etc

Now maybe 1 month or so before this i was driving and when i accelerated, i seemed to loose engine power for maybe half a second but everything was fine afterwards. i know realized this may have been a an early warning sign.

There was approx 127000k on the clock when this happened. And i only run 95 octane fuel as recommended.

But just wanted to post this up encase it helps anyone else and also would like to see if anyone else has had the same issue and at what mileage, as the service guys told me this is common but not very common.

cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi , How much did they charged you for replacing the fuel pump and filter and the gaskets?
Best regards,
JoeRanger

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
181 Posts
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi , How much did they charged you for replacing the fuel pump and filter and the gaskets?
Best regards,
JoeRanger
It was kinda pricey, about 900$ i think. It was done by the local authorized LR service guys with genuine parts. I could have probably got it done cheaper, if i'd just used a normal garage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts