RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Why not just measure your engine?
The bit up to the chassis rail from underneath and then down to the chassis rail from above, then add that to the height of the slam panel when the suspension is at its lowest setting and throw in 400-500mm for your rigging.

Personally, I'd not be buying from them because of their discriminatory shipping policy and lack of geographical understanding.
Carriage is for Mainland UK only (not Scottish Highlands)!
Sorry, pet peeve.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thought, i hadn't even concidered taking a tape measure outside, DUH!
There are plenty of people selling that item on the bay, that was the first one that came up on a search for "folding engine crane"
Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
when you hook up the engine to the crane take up as much slack as you can on the strop thats tied to the engine to gain a bit more height when lifting i think you may struggle to get enougth height to do this but i think all these cranes are a standard lift height surley it would be cheaper to hire a crane for a weekend than buy one and its not up to the job i,ve got one in the shed you could of borrowed if you where nearer to ellesmere port done plenty of engine lifts in the past with these cranes and quite a few need a lift to get over the slam panel especially once the weight is off the front end and it raises up a bit . nelly

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Looks the same as mine that I bought on sale locally fo $200 AU

Had more than enough to get the engine out of my 77 and 82, and a few disco's, I assume the softdash is pretty well much the same, I have made up my mind I am not doing the engine on my 94.

Just make sure you have plenty of clearance abovee, as I hit and smashed the flouro twice on differen't cars ! I can be so stupid sometimes..... :doh:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having done some measuring i need 1.6m of clearance with the suspension at it's normal height so after i depressurise it i should need even less than that, the crane can reach 2m at full extension so fingers crossed it will get it out.
I'll be doing the swap in my brother inlaw's workshop that he services his HGVs in so fingers crossed the crane won't hit the top.
Thanks for the advice everybody.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts