RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI

All Aussie thor engines seem to have the unused airline connector in the inlet manifold as pictured.

I was wondering how it was held in? I tried turning it gently and it turned, but didn't seem to unscrew.

I am thinking this the perfect spot to mount the temperature sensor for my electric fan setup and was hoping it screwed out!

Thanks
Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
This connection looks to be similar to the air suspension pipe connections, hold or gently push against the red ring and slide out the middle part, not sure but worth a go.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,216 Posts
All or the UK Thor ones seem to be the same.

On mine where you have the piece of hose with the bolt in it, I've just got a cap on that vacuum port. I don't know what the other port is there for though, or how to open it up.

Those ports are on the air intake side of things, so not sure how the temperatures in there would change. I personally would be looking at fixing a sensor into one of the coolant lines, or clamped to one of the metal coolant pipes that go towards the firewall (just out of shot on the bottom/left of your picture. At least then you'll have an idea of the coolant temperature, which will probably be more accurate than the intake air temperature

Just my 0.02 :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts