RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am preparing for the arrival of my 2008 SC car which is disabled due to electrical issues. The fuse box has been removed so the electrical system is totally dead and I am unsure of whether the EPB is engaged or not. It may need to be released manualy but have I been unable to find an accurate description of the process. The quote below is from the workshop manual but does not say exactly where the pull ring is situated except for saying its in the luggage compartment.

"The emergency release cable is a Bowden cable installed between the parking brake module and the luggage compartment. In the luggage compartment, a pull ring is installed on the end of the inner cable. The pull ring is designed to fit the hook on the end of the jack handle, and when used in combination with a screwdriver shaft, can be used to pull on the cable."

Can someone let me know where this pull ring is? Unfortunately I wont be there when the car arrives so will be relying on my son to arrange things and I want to be able to explain how to release the EPB beforehand so there is not a crisis during the off loading. I did search through the owners manual via Topix but could not find anything.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
It's behind the RH cover in the cargo area, near the fuel door manual release, but a little tricky to spot if you don't know what you're looking for. I'll see if I can find a picture to post.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car arrived and luckily the EPB was not engaged. But thanks for the reply.

I will have a look for it anyway when I get home for and post a photo for future reference.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a pic of the cable discussed above.

1.jpg

Reactions: matlebs

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
321 Posts
And for what it's worth, that cable takes quite a heavy tug before it disengages the brake.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am preparing for the arrival of my 2008 SC car which is disabled due to electrical issues. The fuse box has been removed so the electrical system is totally dead and I am unsure of whether the EPB is engaged or not. It may need to be released manualy but have I been unable to find an accurate description of the process. The quote below is from the workshop manual but does not say exactly where the pull ring is situated except for saying its in the luggage compartment.

"The emergency release cable is a Bowden cable installed between the parking brake module and the luggage compartment. In the luggage compartment, a pull ring is installed on the end of the inner cable. The pull ring is designed to fit the hook on the end of the jack handle, and when used in combination with a screwdriver shaft, can be used to pull on the cable."

Can someone let me know where this pull ring is? Unfortunately I wont be there when the car arrives so will be relying on my son to arrange things and I want to be able to explain how to release the EPB beforehand so there is not a crisis during the off loading. I did search through the owners manual via Topix but could not find anything.
Here is a pic of the cable discussed above.

View attachment 185106
Thank you so much for the information and this picture. I spend weeks searching and finally found this! Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts