RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 L322 Supercharged.

Need a little advice on checking codes. I bought an ELM327 Mini wifi OBD2 reader. Came with a 3.5" CD (some good that is). I plug it into the truck, switch the ignition to position 2, and wham, I get a check engine light as well as about every other fault light and codes coming over the dash info about transmission fault, ebrake problem, tire pressure, EAS etc.
What the heck happened? All I had on before was a check coolant fault(fixing next weekend) before I plugged it in. I switched it off, unplugged the mini and went for a restart. All light still and no starter. Switch back off, key out, then back in and it starts but the CEL remains.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,727 Posts
Nothing wrong with 3.5"cd. They play in any PC. They usually contain directions, owners manual

Any way, back to what you think you purchased. Which reputable, long trusted vendor did you buy it from? how much did you pay?

There is a lot of knock off trash available on the internet. They don't even come with enough phony pins to look real. that that or they have pins for power and ground so that the do nothing LEDs light up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts