RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Recently bought immaculate vogue v8 with superb full dealer service history and stormer body and wheels. Love it so much but has got to point scared to drive incase another gremlin shows its face. On average for every 2 or 3 times i drive a new prob occurs.
All started when getting used to all starship controls and realised drivers seat heaters didnt work. Ive done much research and seemed prob was element but some said could be connection of bad earth low voltage. heater switch for driver seat would illuminate led for top or lower pad for 2 or 3 seconds and go. Thinking a rapid push on off would help it threw up airbag light. Took dealer who tried a clear 4 times but no good with a code showing less than 9.3 volts which seemed to concur with many peoples view on blogs and connects poss to seat prob. Dont know what to do. Since then i get key stuck occasionally in ignition at nearly exit point . Happened twice an don three occassions turn ignition to turn over nothing. On second attemp perfect.
Yesterday on way home the air suspension inactive code came up not long after exiting a multi story and then after 5 mins in rain wipers stopped. Pulled over turned car off. Tried restart no contact and dead, Tried again perfect start and wipers worked but fault still there even after doing wheel lock left and right.
Kind of loosing ownership attraction now but really want to keep. Maybe i should get myself a fault reader. ANYONE HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: Eletrical gremilins getting worse. airbag. suspension. seats

I would doubt the seat heater issue has anything to do with the other problems your having. First thing I'd do is figure out why your battery was flat, and possibly replace it. I'd also check that the battery cables are good and tight. Knowing more about what codes you're getting from a good diagnostic tool would be pretty helpful too.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts

Year would help as well.

But seeing as you said "top or lower pad" I'll guess 07-09, and there is a thread on here currently for this very thing.

As to the rest, I would start by checking the connections to the fuse box under the hood(inside the e-box) and the battery. Again, assuming 07-09my.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
38 Posts

Hi, Recently bought immaculate vogue v8 with superb full dealer service history and stormer body and wheels. Love it so much but has got to point scared to drive incase another gremlin shows its face. On average for every 2 or 3 times i drive a new prob occurs.
All started when getting used to all starship controls and realised drivers seat heaters didnt work. Ive done much research and seemed prob was element but some said could be connection of bad earth low voltage. heater switch for driver seat would illuminate led for top or lower pad for 2 or 3 seconds and go. Thinking a rapid push on off would help it threw up airbag light. Took dealer who tried a clear 4 times but no good with a code showing less than 9.3 volts which seemed to concur with many peoples view on blogs and connects poss to seat prob. Dont know what to do. Since then i get key stuck occasionally in ignition at nearly exit point . Happened twice an don three occassions turn ignition to turn over nothing. On second attemp perfect.
Yesterday on way home the air suspension inactive code came up not long after exiting a multi story and then after 5 mins in rain wipers stopped. Pulled over turned car off. Tried restart no contact and dead, Tried again perfect start and wipers worked but fault still there even after doing wheel lock left and right.
Kind of loosing ownership attraction now but really want to keep. Maybe i should get myself a fault reader. ANYONE HELP PLEASE
Rugbywales
I would suggest as she has a full service history cheque if they have put in new battery as she is 08 battery 5 year old thats about there life span.
I had the exact same problem,s and new battery made all the difference.
Will not fix seat unfortunately.
Attie.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hi Dave, no its an 02, MY03. Readout is lowvoltage below 9.3 volts . This is only message had when airbag light was tested. Tech tried 4 times to clear no luck. I think battery fine as starting issue on secord turn perfect fire up and when happens first turn has no connection with motor or any clicks but did notice last time all engine lights never went out when wouldnt start yrt second go they extinguished as should and started. This happens maybe 1 in 20 times. Someone said dry joint on immobilisr issue ?. I think airbag light main concern hopefully air susp warning simple fix as hold led on height adjust switch fixed on and perm lit so no height adjustment just stuck in reg height. Any ideas mate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

What probs were you experiencing . Note sure when battery was replaced. It is aMY 03 late 2002.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Rugbywales
When starting she would heat on second turn of key every thing would go dead,put battery booster on would start immediately then would start all day/week then out of the blue do the same again.
Hard to explain motor just did not feel right but when new battery went in every thing was more responsive starts on the button ever since.
Had the same thing with my P38 new battery made all the difference.
Attie.

·
Registered
88 Posts

Hi, Recently bought immaculate vogue v8 with superb full dealer service history and stormer body and wheels. Love it so much but has got to point scared to drive incase another gremlin shows its face. On average for every 2 or 3 times i drive a new prob occurs."

ok...first off welcome to the joy of owning an over engineered rover. plenty more fun to come.

"All started when getting used to all starship controls and realised drivers seat heaters didnt work. Ive done much research and seemed prob was element but some said could be connection of bad earth low voltage. heater switch for driver seat would illuminate led for top or lower pad for 2 or 3 seconds and go. Thinking a rapid push on off would help it threw up airbag light. Took dealer who tried a clear 4 times but no good with a code showing less than 9.3 volts which seemed to concur with many peoples view on blogs and connects poss to seat prob. Dont know what to do."

first off, you need a REALLY good scanner to fix anything on these things, or youre going to spend
a lot of time chasing your tail and wiring. a good scanner would tell you right away whether or
not your button pressing is actually going through or if the command isnt being sent properly.
from that point you start checking lines at the seat. make sure the power is constant and there
isn't some issue.

"Since then i get key stuck occasionally in ignition at nearly exit point . Happened twice an don three occassions turn ignition to turn over nothing. On second attemp perfect. "

you have to get a voltmeter on the starter leads...see if it's getting the power on that first try or
if its something higher up like the ignition or something else.

"Yesterday on way home the air suspension inactive code came up not long after exiting a multi story and then after 5 mins in rain wipers stopped. Pulled over turned car off. Tried restart no contact and dead, Tried again perfect start and wipers worked but fault still there even after doing wheel lock left and right."

holy crap...ok. um, definitely check the battery. have it load tested. really test it...might show
a few issues. I think later in the post you said it was old. I would definitely replace it.
old batteries can do some weird stuff to cars...

"Kind of loosing ownership attraction now but really want to keep. Maybe i should get myself a fault reader. ANYONE HELP PLEASE
"

hahahaha. everyone on this forum's eternal question....dont feel bad man. we are all in it with you.
a normal fault reader wont tell you s#$t. you need a higher level one that does some real digging,
and if you arent a mechanic, good luck understanding it. and they aren't cheap...
start with what I've mentioned. that'll get you started.

·
Registered
87 Posts

I can say from experience that the battery is on the way out!

I had the same problems. Went to LR to have battery tested and all came back as fine.

Problem was still there and I was getting peed off with it.

I took the plunge and told LR to fit a new battery and guess what??? The new battery cured all the problems.

New battery and you will have a better vehicle.

All the best,

Mr R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts