RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was driving and the parking brake seized. It was over $3k to fix and it was not used once since we purchased the vehicle. I see comments on how you need to cycle it but it's too late now. I removed the parking brake shoes and followed the instructions on this site for doing the other repairs suggested by the shop. I replaced all 4 rotors, pads, and a front wheel bearing hub. All was pretty smooth and easy. Thank you for the great instructions. Last annoying thing is the red flashing Park light. I can ignore the Parking Brake Fault message, but the flashing light has to stop. I saw posts about shorting the pad wear sensors. Are there any tricks for the Parking Brake Module? I pulled a fuse but that didn't stop the light. I'll check what fuse I pulled tonight. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
Powerful UK had a youtube video how to remove the instrument cluster and open it. One of the steps was to put black electrical tape over one of the lamps. Can't remember which one or why bit if these guys could not figure out how to turn a dash light off this may be the only way to save you from road rage :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are you at all mechanically inclined? We recently, less than two months ago, purchased our first RRS and I fixed our EPB actuator without any special diagnostic tools. It was a tedious job but i'm sure any shadetree mechanic could do it. After the "repair" the EPB is as good as day one. We actually saved about $1,800 in parts and labor from an indy LR shop.

Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you at all mechanically inclined? We recently, less than two months ago, purchased our first RRS and I fixed our EPB actuator without any special diagnostic tools. It was a tedious job but i'm sure any shadetree mechanic could do it. After the "repair" the EPB is as good as day one. We actually saved about $1,800 in parts and labor from an indy LR shop.

Chris
Hello chris,
I also want to repair my epb actuator for my RRSS. Please give me some tips.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello chris,
I also want to repair my epb actuator for my RRSS. Please give me some tips.
PREM,

If you look at my profile and see my old posts, you'll find the information you're looking for. Let me know if you need assistance.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts