RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover Sport SC L320
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.

Rebuilt my EAS Rear Valve Block. I wanted to remove the Compression Sleeves from the hoses and place the fittings on block to make it easier to install the hoses back on the Valve Block. With DSC/ACE, there is no room to reconnect the hoses back to the block other than from the rear driver wheel well.

I have removed them before when i replaced the front shocks, so i did the same thing in that i opened them up a little then slid them off. Well, the first one went well, but the last two broke in half. I had an extra valve block but threw it away. I did not keep the ones from the shocks that i replaced neither (guess what I am doing when i replace my rear shocks).

Where can I get these? These sleeves are half of the normal ones (full size sleeve/collet/insert are for metal hoses, the halves are for nylon hoses) that you can find at Menards, Home Depot, Lowe's, Autozone, etc. Does someone have some extra lying around I can buy?

It would be great if the Rebuild Kits for these Valve Blocks also carry these sleeves along with the o-rings for the fittings.

HELP!

Thank you.

-John

I need the piece on the right

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
80 Posts
You've posted your L322 question in the P38 section. It might be faster to repost your question there now as the mod is in the UK and won't get to it for awhile.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
If you still have both halves of the broken piece you may still be able to use it - Use something sticky to hold the 2 pieces onto the hose while you do the nut up onto the fitting. This should still hold and bite into the hose in the same way as an engine valve collet. Should be fine until you get a new piece, or whole new fitting.

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover Sport SC L320
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Was not able to find the compression sleeves by themselves. Based on Google, the connectors are made by Voss. I called Voss USA but they said they do not divulge nor sell the sleeves by themselves.

Was able to find out that the compression sleeve is part of Connector ASM LR044836.

If there is someone here from X8R or other companies that sell the Valve Block O-Ring Kit, it would be great if the O-Rings and the Compression Sleeves for the Connectors are included in the kit. After 10 years, the seals on the Connectors are smashed and should be replaced as well.

The Connector ASM runs about US$20 ea. Add that to the O-Ring Kit of about US$20, then you are at $80. You can get a new Valve Block ASM for US$130-ish, so it would be great if we can have just the sleeve and o-rings for the connectors included in the kit at much less cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts