RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just broken a very dead '96 P38. Saved all I could. I have a '96 P38 with 'manual' seats, the scrapper had electrically operated ones. Looking to put these in mine, but...are the necessary wires in place but unused, or is it a different loom for a 'manual' seat vehicle? Anyone know? Bit reluctant to start pulling mine apart to hunt for wires hidden somewhere, until I know if they ARE hidden somewhere!
Cheers,
Iain

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
They are not hidden. Base model rigs had no extra wiring for things they assumed would never be added. Power seats and seat heaters are things with no harness present and also has a different climate control panel. now that being said your very dead P38 has the add on harnesses You can practice removing interior on the dead one to remove the harness in one piece and you will see how it is routed.

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
Power for the electric seats comes from C912 on the BeCM which probably won't have anything plugged into it so you will need the short loom that runs between the BeCM and seats. However, if yours is a base model it may well have a low line BeCM so the socket for C912 won't be there. In that case you will need to swap the power board from the BeCM over too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
RRToadHall, mine has seat heaters, so some of it is there...I'll lift the carpets in the dead one and see what's what. The climate control panels are identical, even down to the book symbol :)
Richard G, exactly what I needed to know, mate! If I need to, as in the BECM doesn't have a socket for C192,how easy is it to swap the power board from the BECM, and will it need any re-programming?
Looking at RAVE, C912 is furthest aft and inboard on the BECM, 12-pin green, so I'll have a little peek under the seat. Not too difficult to follow the dead one's wiring, and pull it out if needed...

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
Power board, top one, is a straight swap. All the important stuff and programming is on the logic board underneath so nothing will need reprogramming.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have vague recollections that some early low-line BECMs did seem to have some differences to later ones. Marty swapped the power board on one early low line BECM for example to allow front fogs to be fitted to the vehicle, and even after enabling them via nanocom, they wouldn't come on. Cloned the logic board to a newer variant and all was good.

Might be worth considering if your vehicle is an early one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Richard!
Pulled the seat loom, so I've got that handy. I'll pull out the BECM as well, just in case.
Sloth, they're both '96, so it's only spec. from new that'll be different. I hope...
If it's the low-line BECM, I'll swap out the boards and see what happens...
Thanks, all!
Iain

·
Registered
233 Posts
Worth a try!

If it doesn't work, Marty over here will be able to help out I'm sure :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts