RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to fix a 1990 Range Rover Classic. Unfortunatly someone took some parts before I got to the car and the Range Rover dealer is not helpful at all. Hopefully someone here will be able to tell me what parts are missing from these pictures of the wire terminals. Some of the things that do not work when I put power on the car are:

power windows
power door locks
and the ABS pump runs continously and won't shut off

There are many other problems with this car, but this is an obviouse one because I can see that there are parts missing.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Wow, what a spaghetti tangle.
The biggest black plug there (in the top photo) looks like it goes into the alarm ecu.
The blue plug goes into the dimmer unit that's attatched to the lower dash pannel.
Your brake motor is most likely running constantly because a faulty relay (on my 93 this relay is the green one behind the side passenger side seat panel, mine is a right hand drive). Theoretically it could also be the pressure switch, or the ecu; but most definately the relay.
Sorry I don't know any of the others.
Have you got a rave cd? If not greenovaldownloads has the operation manual for free download. It'll be time consuming!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
none of these work windows, door locks, or brakes. Window ecu is in bottom of center console, also check ground to big screws that hold down console. You should invest in a factory shop manual, which shows how to fix all of these problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts