RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:think: hello i have a 1997 p38 hse the problem that i am having is a couple of different things it will not shift out of park because i having no brake lights or light on the left side , the dashboard instrument panel message center gauges , climate control stop working all right rear window is not working & when start it and turn on the lights head light switch then try to turn off the vehicle by removing the key it continues to run until i turn off the lights
8-0=

·
Registered
931 Posts
With all those odd electrical faults,I would have a look at the fuse box in the engine bay and/or the BECM for possible liquid contamination. :think:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,425 Posts
Did the problems start immediately after you changed the fusebox?

In which country are you located? For example, if you live in country that sells the diesel P38A, could you have bought the fuse box from the wrong model?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the fuse box is off a 1995 hse v8 gas us model like mine and this happend two days later i have no blown fuses

·
Registered
931 Posts
redrover97 said:
the fuse box is off a 1995 hse v8 gas us model like mine and this happend two days later i have no blown fuses
Well as it is an old fusebox,it could still be the source of your problems.I would remove and strip and have a good look for burnt areas.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i check fuse box for burned spots and their were none, but the old one was burned where the HVAC relays go thats why i replaced it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I USED MY ROVA COM LIGHT AND IT GAVE ME THE FOLLOWING CODES

THE OUTSTATION FAULT CODE MEMORY HAS DETECTED NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE FOLLOWING OUTSTATIONS

:- LEFT HAND MEMORY SEAT

:- RIGHT HAND MEMORY SEAT

:- LEFT HAND DOOR

:- RIGHT HAND DOOR

:- CENTRE CONSOLE SWITCH PACK
:- INSTRUMENT PACK.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
258 Posts
Such happened to my 1996 P38 4.0 and we found the fault in the engine bay fuse box.One of the 60amps fuses was blown. Once it was changed everything went to normal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts