RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this problem for quite some time. In fact, i had this problem since the vehicle was under warranty. The Particular dealer i brought it to never fixed the problem (brought it in 5 times), and then once it went out of warranty, they basically told me to get lost. Very nice of them aye?

Anyway im finally getting around to wanting to fix this, im also selling the car and i dont want to sell it "broken"

The rear hatch button doesnt work, sometimes it does, but mostly its non functional. I dont know if its a coincidence but it seems to work more when its raining or damp out. Its not the button, is has something to do with the connection. I was told to replace the drivers door latch, and i did. Still didnt fix the problem. Anyone had this problem or have any ideas? Could it be the BECM?

Also for several years now my doors lock unexpectedly. Even when the vehicle is off, sometimes they just lock and unlock repeatedly. Sometimes if im driving down the high, they'll lock and unlock 5 or 6 times before it stops. In the winter i cant leave my car running unless i put the window down (kinda pointless) because i have been locked out of the car.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

best,
::smart

·
Registered
540 Posts
Re: Electrical Issue (Rear Hatch Button Doesnt work, doors lock)

This could down to the drivers door lock. it controls the tailgate too. I have had a worn/rusty tailgate button before, I took the switch apart and it fell apart inside.
the fact that you are having general door hassles may point to the main door lock switch.

Its start!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I did replace the Drivers Door Latch, is there a different locking mechanism? Someone also told me maybe the passenger door latch?

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts

smartalek said:
I did replace the Drivers Door Latch, is there a different locking mechanism? Someone also told me maybe the passenger door latch?

Driver's side vs passenger side differ depending on which market you are in.

If you are in the US it is the passenger door that controls the tailgate, if you are in the UK it is the drivers side. :geek:

:think: I sure hope I got that right... Never the less, you really should straighten out the locks before she locks you out! Don't laugh, it has happened to a few folks here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I am in the US, so i guess i'll try the passengers side and see what happens.

·
Registered
649 Posts

I would do the obvious first, and examine the button in the tailgate.
There may be two problems here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts