RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
My L322 2002 4.4 vogue has thrown a wobbly. I had been away for a week and i started the to go to work all was fine travelled the 16 miles to work and when i turned the ignition off i got the Suspension inactive message flash up on the dashboard. I waited a few minutes and started the car again and did the full lock method and the message cleared.The car was left then another 5 days. I opened the car with the remote and noticed that the indicators did not flash as acknowledgement but the car opened i started the car and all was well i drove home the 16 miles. Upon getting home i turned the car off and no messages so i went to lock the car and it would not lock with the remote went and got my spare remote and that wouldnt work either but i could lock and unlock with the key via the door lock. I then put the key in the ignition only to notice that the steering lock was not on the car would start though when i turned the key slightly on then off and then on again. The gremlins now started 1, inactive suspension message 2, standard height led and led in the middle of the rocker switch static,3, interior lights came on whilst driving, I presumed it was battery related and the next morning went and got a new Bosch S5 020 battery 110amp, disconnected old battery and touch the leads together fitted the new battery and the remote keys started working,Tried to reset the inactive suspension message by the full lock method again but would not clear then once igniton is turned off the remote keys stop working again. I have had it hooked up to Storeys ALL COMMS Version 2 software and i can only communicate with certain systems ie ABS,Hids,Engine ECU,Steering angle sensor The only fault codes i got was from the ABS saying Air suspension can error and the steering angle sensor saying battery voltage It will not communicate with BCU,EAS, it just goes red error in the software. I am at a loss as to why i cannot connect to the systems mentioned with the ALL COMMS as i did contact storey and send him the debug file which he checked and confirmed the software and lead was working fine. On storeys reccomendation i have Checked all fuses,relays,power at the BCU etc all check out fine. He did also suggest possible BCU failure but i am not sure about this as i presume these systems all run an different Buses ie Can Bus EAS,etc K line key remotes,etc.
1, remote keys not working,
2,air suspension inactive message
3,bcu not communicating with all comms
4,eas not communicating with all comms
5,Eas locked on normal ride height settings leds static,
i did find this land rover bulletin link on no comms and have tried most of it without any luck http://www.autocd.info/DJL0D14X_T4.pdf

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
regards

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All sorted now thanks. A little bit of tracing and problem solved. I wont go to any length into what was causing it as it was obviously not a interesting problem:!:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts