Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Its a while since i updated with my ongoing issues, like most p38 owners i have a list of inherited issues

One of these is an issue first detailed here http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/7-range-rover-mark-ii-p38/36823-interior-lights-stay-2.html

T
he internal lights don't turn off and the battery drains within a week if standing. And now the lpg has lost power and doesn't work either which has affected killed the engine.

Initially I found that i had a bad water leak on both RH and LF side from the pollen filter intake - this caused all the electrics and cabling to get very wet. The leak is fixed but i feel the damage has been done.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Auto part Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Engine

So basically i have come to the conclusion that the BeCM or fuse box is the fault and i am interested in opinions. I read that a faulty fuse box can cause faults that imitate a faulty BeCM is there any truth in this? I see minor corrosion and rust marks in the fuse box but i am hesitant to open it up as i don't have the soldering experience to feel comfortable butting the part back. I would rather replace with new if its recommended?

Electronics Electronic instrument Electronic component Audio equipment Technology Electronics Technology Electronic device Electronic component Machine

I have done the obvious by
- check all fuses
- check ground points specifically following those defined in the circuit diagrams from the RAVE
- checked cable route
- reset using the central light
- left vehicle with battery disconnected for a day
- checked door switches

Many thanks for any advise before i order an expensive fuse box for no reason

/scuba

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Electrical faults last pooibility BeCM or is it the fuse box

odd that you cant edit posts older than 60min

anyway

some additional corrections/amendments

- fuse 15 from the BeCM turns all the lights off
- removing plug C325 or C361 from the BecM turns off the right or left interior lights (each side is on a separate circuit so other than the BeCM and fuse 20 I dont see anything else that is a common components of these circuits.)

/scuba

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Re: Electrical faults last pooibility BeCM or is it the fuse box

Hi

The problem most likely is one of the electronic components on the BECM power board.
There is a post on the repair page on how to change them but the original component is obselite.
Try to find a power board from an other BECM of the same type (pre or post 99) that you have and exchange the power board. (upper board in the BECM)

Regards

Jos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts