RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 1999 diesel P38 and have had trouble from the moment I brought it, but through gritted teeth I persist, much to the annoyance of the Mrs. So far I have had the SRS system repaired and replaced both front suspension air bags, new fuel pump, refurbished alternator and new belts, new rocker gasket, new brakes sliders and pads and a new battery, all this within 5 months and its been off the road more than on.

However, I now have a new problem that it will not start. I am no expert or technically minded but will learn fast. I have used the multimeter and the battery is fine and the fuse box in the engine compartment have 12v of power, however the fuse box under the drivers seat fluctuates with 6v yet this morning, it showed 12v and all fuses are ok.

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
340 Posts
Do you get any sound at all when you turn the key? Any click or attempt to start? If you have nothing at alll check the under bonnet fuse box
blade fuse it’s in the middle and it’s a 40A for the starter motor and EAs compressor.
If it keeps popping the fuse disconnect the EAS compressor and it should stop the fuse from blowing. If all if this happens your EAS compressor motor is toast.
I just went through this with mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts