1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_5219.jpg

Not the best photo I know .....

Under the dash to replace a broken vacuum switch for the cruise control, when I noticed this plug and socket sitting adrift. Obviously they go together and do plug together no worries. Before I do that though, I wondered if anyone here knows what it might be for. A couple of thoughts occurred to me, one being for the heated screen.

Wires on the plug side are green/brown and yellow/green (I think_ and on the socket side red and yellow.

Vehicle is a 1998 MY 4.6 HSE RHD, now on coils (in case it is something to do with the coil conversion.)

I am not aware on anything not working as it should, no electrical problems, basically (except for the cruise switch in the process of being fixed) everything does as it should.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Sorry, as you hadn't put your location (or the year of the car so no idea if I needed to check the GEMS or Thor ETM), I assumed you were in the US as they always seem to assume everyone else is psychic.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Sorry, as you hadn't put your location (or the year of the car so no idea if I needed to check the GEMS or Thor ETM), I assumed you were in the US as they always seem to assume everyone else is psychic.
Ahhhhhh......................But he did tell us where he was, you just missed the clue!8-0=
........................"and do plug together no worries".............This tells us he is in Oz and thus it is a RHD:thumb:
.................Usually...............:lol:
Sorry, no clue as to the plug (not EAS tho'). I am going to be doing cruise control switch on Borrego, this arvo so will have a look whilst I am in there. Mine, is of course LHD, so it may not be in the same place.
Model Year and confirmation of location would be helpful though

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, and as noted in my original post ...... Vehicle is a 1998 MY 4.6 HSE RHD, now on coils

·
Registered
417 Posts
1lone 2 pin connector under my drivers footwell is for the clutch safety swith but most dont use it.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,198 Posts
Looks like the connector for the recirc motor on the side of the blower housing. - Which according to the workshop manual they should be White/Green and Black/Green - which looking at your picture is probably correct.

It's the power for the motor which closes the recirculation flap on the blower motor housing (which you can see in the pic aswell the fins of the blower motor) so it has probably been unplugged as it's failed, or not plugged back in... currently it looks like the recirc flap is open, which means it's constantly recirculating air, and nor pulling fresh air in from the outside.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, for future reference, connecter C251, recirc flap RHS. I was fooled a little as there are only two wires to the connector, but it is in fact a three pin connector. (3-W). Some previous owner must have disconnected it for some reason. Anyway, plugged it in and lo and behold, the recirc on the RHS is fully functional .... who knew :). That only leaves the LHS blend motor to sort and the HEVAC should be back to stock condition.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Great news! Gotta love the easy ones.
Have you looked to see if the same nimrod has perhaps unplugged the LH blend motor?
If so, and it works, that would be a record for easy fix of HVAC!:dance:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts