Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Yes Phillip has 2 in with with clock clusters but is waiting for keys, odd this should come up as Im about to tear into one I got from him for investigation purposes.

The reason Im investigating is to see if the main chip can be removed and transplanted to another module, thereby solving alot of problems with Km's and security issues.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Just teared into BeCM, lower board is what holds all the info, upper board does all the donkey work such as lights etc.
Instrument cluster though is controlled by lower main board ( call it the mother board) if no dash lights then seems like mother board is gone though on the one I teared down you could see breaks in the fine circuitry and not impossible to bridge (repair)

On the mother board side the components are well sealed for etended life but the flip side its bare and Im a bit concerned on this area, my bet is vehicles situated near the coast wont last as the ones far inland so a solution to sealing up the main track side needs investigating and if so will it cause problems.

All I can add so far to my findings is that messing around on electrics on these vehicles is a no no unless a understanding of how this system works ie certain circuits are negative switching vs positive switching and using a metr correctly
as they say "You've been warned"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.