Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
I would try swopping the instrument binnacle as well,(not one from the GT40 though :D :D :D ).
I f that doesnt do it ,it is probably the logic board in the BECM.

·
Registered
931 Posts
ghur said:
Did the BeCM / binnacle swap and everything worked. So now I know where the problem lies. I pulled the boards out of the BeCM and lo and behold someone has had a go at repairing the bottom one. A tiny bit of non standard soldering that I only noticed using my jewellers eye glass.

Off to the breakers tomorrow to try and find a new BeCM, lock set, key fobs and whatever else.

Dam. I was hoping for something simple.

Viper. Do you know of any broken Rangies up in Joburg? Maybe Phil has got something.
Hopefully that means the instrument binnacle is ok and just the board in the BECM faulty.
I think you may be able to get around the mileage issue by using the Rovacom to set the mileage in the BECM to 999,999 and then driving the vehicle.My thoughts are that the mileage would then revert to zero and start counting again.You could then set the BECM mileage to anything higher and the instrument binnacle would automatically sync to that.Just a thought,dont know if it would work.have thought about trying on mine as an experiment sometime :roll:
maybe someone could blow the theory up in smoke or confirm it :shhh: :shhh:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.