Range Rovers Forum banner

electric window

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  gloves 
#1 ·
wondering if anyone can shed any light on my electric window problem. Passenger electric window did'nt work the other day then went out in car again 2 days later and it worked, now its stopped working altogether. Removed door card and noticed that the mechanism had split by the motor, replaced the mechanism and motor with a known good working secondhand one but still same problem. Checked voltages at motor electrical plug and found that the yellow wire when connedted has 313mv but when dissconected has 9.58v. Run a new piece of wire from becm to motor plug but still get same reading. Q1 - is the yellow wire supposed to be v or mv when connected. cou;ld someone point me in the right dirrection as its driving me nuts lol . Many thanks.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Hi garvin

i removed the switch pack and replaced with a spare that i have and still the same, the relay just clicks have swapped over the door station with the drivers door and still the same, what i have noticed is that the yellow wire is the switchable live wire to the motor on the drivers side it is 310mv until the switch is pressed in either direction and then it is 4.9v so i now know that my live is not switching but why ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.