RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Range Rover has just started the 'electric seat switches operating the electric mirrors' trick. So I remove the seat and inspect the seat ECU. Nothing amiss in there, no corrosion from the battery although it was only showing 0.5v. Put it all back together and everything works as it should?! Thats good I think, another job of the list however the next day I go to readjust the seat and its back to the seat switches operating the mirrors again. So any suggestions? Is the battery still available or is there a replacement available?

There is this one available but the mAh is different. Would this be a problem? >>>HERE<<<

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
67 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Roo said:
Cheers for that. I ordered the one listed on Amazon. I try to avoid ebay when I can! I'll fit it and post the results once it arrives.
I for one will be very interested to see the results, about to try and sort my ECU next week, I've got one that apparently works, however I have my doubts, be dammed impressed if all it needs is a change of battery!!! I'll watch this space!!! Good luck :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, I've not long just bought a '93 classic...it has exactly the same issues....seat adjust moves the mirrors but not seats, and the mirror adjust 'joystick' does nothing.
I've not properly investigated mine yet (have been busy replacing blown/dirty bulbs and fuses)

I do hope you reach a cure, and let us know how you get on. cheers :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Typical me.....

I've just ordered a replacement battery. I'm guessing I shall replace it anyway. Once I got the time/inclination I shall go under the drivers seat to investigate.
I'm guessing the main engine ECU will be under the seat too.
Has anyone got any tips or photos to help direct a new RR owner??? :?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, the replacement battery came. Excellent, but I haven't had the chance to delve under the drivers seat to find the ECU yet. As the passenger seat doesn't work either (as well as the cigarette lighter sockets and a few other bits), I'm thinking I should first have a look under the passenger seat for relays.

Am I correct in assuming there is a bunch of relays under the passenger seat too?? 8~

Anyone any pointers? :doh:

cheers

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
joe1972 said:
Typical me.....

I've just ordered a replacement battery. I'm guessing I shall replace it anyway. Once I got the time/inclination I shall go under the drivers seat to investigate.
I'm guessing the main engine ECU will be under the seat too.
Has anyone got any tips or photos to help direct a new RR owner??? :?
Success! I now have seats and mirrors that work as they should and a drivers memory seat!

I replaced the battery in about an hour (well it was three including the two hour hunt for the soldering iron...) all in. thats from opening the drivers door to closing it. :D

joe1972, the circuit board (in the pic earlier in this thread) is located in a similarly sized grey box under (and fixed to) the drivers seat (UK) You need to remove the two socket headed button screws at the front of the seat runners and the two Torx headed screws at the rear of each runner. This will enable you to pivot the seat towards the rear showing the underside of the seat. The grey control box is held to the seat via a 90 degree twist clip once turned the box will hinge out and show that the lid is held by two cross headed self tapping screws. (one on each side) With the lid removed, the circuit board is exposed and the various plugs can be unplugged. I would do all of this with the battery disconnected. A hand in a moving seat runner would be painful!
This is the procedure I used for my Soft Dash LSE but I'm presuming all will be similar if not the same.

My circuit board battery had leaked onto the circuit board but this was only discovered after it was removed from the board itself as all the leaking had been contained in that area. I was lucky, only mild corrosion had taken place so after it was cleaned it all went back together and worked again. I hope you have the same luck. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I had made an assumption somehow I could do this by not removing the seat, so thought I was missing something. Glad you got yours sorted. I'm hoping to do the same with mine. will keep posted here.
cheers, Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts