RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2010 RR Sport Supercharged for the wife, she loves it but is having problems with the tailgate, it's a bit of a bear for the kids to open and close, too high for my 10 year old to reach. Is there a power tailgate conversion available aftermarket?
Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
No that I know of, but needing the same myself, so if you find it let me know.
I thought that the 2010 had the full power lift gate, maybe it's the full size RR.

Welcome to the forum.

Rafa

·
Registered
76 Posts
Would be much cheaper to have a custom strap made that would match in interior colour and hang down. I had one (came with the truck) on my old Denali and it worked great.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
My '07 has a molded "pocket" build into the plastic that you use to pull down on... But agreed, no power liftgate? :naughty:

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
TripleE said:
My '07 has a molded "pocket" build into the plastic that you use to pull down on... But agreed, no power liftgate? :naughty:
3E, you apparently left no "option" box unchecked when you bought that thing.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Exact10 said:
Just bought a 2010 RR Sport Supercharged for the wife, she loves it but is having problems with the tailgate, it's a bit of a bear for the kids to open and close, too high for my 10 year old to reach. Is there a power tailgate conversion available aftermarket?
Thanks
Ian
I bought some exercise bands for mine and attached them with lag bolts, it keeps my wife nice and fit and keeps her arms from getting flabby.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I checked into a custom shop here - will take about 3 days and about $2k to do it. There is some body mods needed to cut into to install actuators ( not sure of all the other part names). It can be done, you may need to carry another FOB, they are still looking into see if the 3rd button can be programmed - may consider it if the 3rd button can be programmed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, this car has so many faults, on collecting it and driving it home the navigation was so faulty the nav would travel at 120mph when you were doing 40, then jump back every few seconds, the pdi guy missed it. Two weeks later the front cameras won't work, door handle outer button is falling off, sometimes it won't let you in with the keyless entry.
Every time there's a fault I have to drive 30 miles to the supplying dealer and pay Enterprise $18 insurance on the "Free" car replacement
Wish I'd waited for the new Cayenne

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Exact10 said:
Thanks for the replies, this car has so many faults, on collecting it and driving it home the navigation was so faulty the nav would travel at 120mph when you were doing 40, then jump back every few seconds, the pdi guy missed it. Two weeks later the front cameras won't work, door handle outer button is falling off, sometimes it won't let you in with the keyless entry.
Every time there's a fault I have to drive 30 miles to the supplying dealer and pay Enterprise $18 insurance on the "Free" car replacement
Wish I'd waited for the new Cayenne
Just wait 'til it starts bellowing smoke from the hood and chasing you around an empty warehouse all by itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts