RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i'am working in automotive electronics workshop and we have some Range Rover 98' (not really sure that it's from 98'). We had this RR the last 3 years due repairs of his BeCM, suspension ECU and the EDC ECU. The BeCM has been reemplaced by a new one (from internet store) and the ECU and suspension was repaired by us here. When the BeCM arrived we inmediatly started to program it. Here we had T4 Testbook to make diagnosis of Rover cars. When we programmed it , we make a mistake puting VIN, EKA and other parameters diferents of the correspondient of the car ( in that day we had a lot of work an a cuple of RR and we mix some papers and puff!). And the RR do not response to the key inmobilization(not syncronize with remote and motor doesn't start).
We needed to fix that mistake and, we used some tools to deinmobilizate the EDC ECU. This procedure works fine and the RR worked ok all the systems but without EKA security.
Here now a couple of months later the RR back inmobilized "Engine Disable press remote or use key code". I triyed some procedures in range rovers net but the system still the same. Do you know some procedure to make "virgin" again the BeCM or some idea to fix this problems?

Thanks in advance guys. great Forum

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
Unless you locked the BeCM after programming you should be able to reprogram it without issue. If you made the mistake of locking it you will need to send it out to be unlocked and have the alarm status returned to normal.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
jackeldestripador said:
Thanks for the reply, but when you say "Unless you locked the BeCM after programming ..."
I don't understand. :doh:

Thanks

jackeldestripador said:
When the BeCM arrived we inmediatly started to program it.

When you programmed it, did you lock it in settings? If not reprogram it. If you locked it in settings you will need to send it out to be unlocked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i understand. But it's so dificult to send from here to UK some stuff. Because here we have big custom costs. There is some posibility to some one can send to me (before paying some price) a "virgin" state binary to load inside of motorola micro of the bcm?. Here i have xprog and beeprog, it's must be done right.I will pay any price. It's only one bcm. Thanks! :wink:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
First thing is that we don't know where here is. Please fill out your profile. I know of places in the US as well as Australia that can do unlocking.

Unless you locked the BeCM yourself there is no need to go through all this. Obviously it was unlocked when you received it or you wouldn't have been able to do the initial programming. If you did lock it initially a virgin file would do you no good unless you have very specific equipment and software designed for P38 BeCMs.

Why don't you take a snapshot of the BeCM settings screen on whatever equipment you are using and send me an html file of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello, when i mean here it's from Uruguay, sorry about that.
We i'm requesting for a virgin state of bcm it's only about our high price of customs. It takes half of the price of the BeCM repair plus shipping and others stuffs. It's no only the BeCM repair costs. Because of that i am requesting somebody to sell to me that virgin state.

rrtoadhall said:
Obviously it was unlocked when you received it or you wouldn't have been able to do the initial programming.
Here we programmed 2 more BeCM in the past no problems with that. :D

Ok im going to take a snapshots soon of T4 screen.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts