RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[h=1]CARB KIT 3.5 V8 WEBER DA3049[/h] Anyone know and can help me??; I have installed everything needed from the set.
How do I connect wiring-loom in the car that is EFI flapper? I have to connect wiring to the Facet red top fuel pump, and new wiring to the fuelpump-relay, ignition etc. Someone remember/know and have time to tell me whvat to do ?

Help wanted :sad:

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Does the maker of your conversion kit not have documentation? All of the Weber conversions I have ever seen are to get rid of the Strombreg or SU carb setups. I've not heard of folks going from EFI. I am sure someone has but I don't recall any members here doing so.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
CARB KIT 3.5 V8 WEBER DA3049

Anyone know and can help me??; I have installed everything needed from the set.
How do I connect wiring-loom in the car that is EFI flapper? I have to connect wiring to the Facet red top fuel pump, and new wiring to the fuelpump-relay, ignition etc. Someone remember/know and have time to tell me whvat to do ?

Help wanted :sad:

if converting to carb from efi, why worry about the old efi harness? if you want a clean look remove it, if you don't mind unused extra wiring jut move the harness out of the way.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
134 Posts
Are you saying you need a signal from the coil to get the EFI to pump fuel? I'm not what the exact schematics are but I know you need a relay from the ignition to turn the pump on (and bypass the EFI which can be completely removed from the truck).

https://www.defendersource.com/forum/f6/efi-to-carb-conversion-procedure-45127.html

Here's a link from a guy who did it in a Defender. Would you mind posting some more details/pics about this process? I have considered it before and am curious as to what your experience is.

Thanks

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
353 Posts
I"m pretty sure the coil signal is the only thing that connects the EFI and ignition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello, thank you for help. Now the car passed eu-control, co measured to 1.1 .%, lover than the limit 3.5 % co.? only l need a new front windscreen to pass the control.
I do as follow. No change with the ignition wirings. Threw avay all of the efi loom.Take a new relay + from battery via a fuse to the relay. From relay to the fuel-pump. To manage the relay l take + wiring and minus wiring from the cigarett-lighter in the center consol (on then ignition are at position 2) to the relay. The new fuelpump l mountered beside the engine take fuel via the efi fuelpump in the fueltank.l plumbed off the return to the tank. I cut off the cabel 50 cm from the efi fuelpump,not the wiring from the fuellevel-meter. Need a 4-wd thermostat housing, the neck must bee pointed to the right side to fit in place behind the distributor.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
28 Posts
I dumped a defective EFI and fitted an Edelbrock. Used the original in-tank fuel pump. I ran the fuel supply to a 't' joint, fitted a 6mm restriction on the return side, about 10cm long then up to 8mm again. Then through a fuel pressure control to the carb. Runs cleaner than an EFI, according to the EU tester...

·
Registered
368 Posts
I dumped a defective EFI and fitted an Edelbrock. Used the original in-tank fuel pump. I ran the fuel supply to a 't' joint, fitted a 6mm restriction on the return side, about 10cm long then up to 8mm again. Then through a fuel pressure control to the carb. Runs cleaner than an EFI, according to the EU tester...
Interesting approach going back to a carb. Your CO might be lower but your NOx might not be. But if you pass good for you. Somewhere Scandinavia I figure from the pictures. Sweden maybe? In Norway they frown on you filling up your washer fluid because it could be bad for the environment...

I was wondering, is there still a catalytic converter in there? Carbs don't provide sufficient mixture control for a Cat and if you are running too rich it will glow cherry red and can set things on fire.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nice. I lived in Norway for 8 years (Asker), I hear it was a great summer this year.

So if you find yourself wanting for more (and with too much money spare) I recommend you take a look at these modern throttle body injector systems such as Holley Sniper EFI. They are reasonably affordable easy to install a bit more user friendly than carbs and a lot of fun to play with.

Obviously you just fitted your carb, but maybe in a years time you are ready for a new challenge.

Enjoy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts