RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had pretty good luck in the past getting the EFI light sorted out on our '89, but I still have a feeling of dread when that EFI light comes on. This time it came on only days after getting all the coolant leaks plugged on my wife's Rover. This winter and spring I changed head gaskets, the intake manifold gasket, and took particular care to seal the intake plenum. I put in a pair of new oxygen sensors, and I put in several new vacuum hoses. The rig runs very smoothly under weigh, but it still idles lumpily, so I'm figuring I have a small vacuum leak. I've looked so many times at the long runs of vacuum hose that I think it can't possibly be one of those. My big cloth hose between the airflow sensor and the intake manifold is ratty, with strings hanging off of it, so I'm thinking that since it is the most difficult thing to test, it has to be the culprit.

Does anyone know of a good source for new cloth hoses? I see a rubber replacement on several vendors' web sites... has anyone used it? Does it fit and work? Has anyone tried to make their own out of cloth? Or tried to repair it? If there were Range Rover classics in junk yards around, I'd go scavenge one in a New York minute, but there just aren't any around here. C'est la vie.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Scott

·
Registered
345 Posts
Dont know which lines you mean,but lumpy idle can be caused by clogged or leaking PCV hoses, also clean bypass air valve, on rear plenum. Also there is a vaccume hose on the housing behind bypass valve on rear of plenum which goes to fuel pressure regulator on fuel rail, which falls off or splits sometimes.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a good point. Just because I double- and triple-checked the vacuum hoses doesn't mean that I shouldn't take another careful look at them.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts