RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Who knows, he may have mended his ways and discovered Jesus since this incident.

From a technical standpoint I'm a bit curious how someone with a Dell laptop, an interface cable, and some knowledge of engine management code can pull the kind of horsepower gains they claim on sites like this for Ferrari's, Bugatti Veyrons and the like. They sell everyone on the idea that auto mfrs detune their cars and leave power on the table. Most people buy into it and then pay good money for tuners to basically advance the ignition timing so the car leaps off the line a bit better.

Btw. The RRS has a sport mode on the trans selector that effectively does this (or use "sand" mode), and you can trick yourself into thinking you just got a tune.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who knows, he may have mended his ways and discovered Jesus since this incident.

From a technical standpoint I'm a bit curious how someone with a Dell laptop, an interface cable, and some knowledge of engine management code can pull the kind of horsepower gains they claim on sites like this for Ferrari's, Bugatti Veyrons and the like. They sell everyone on the idea that auto mfrs detune their cars and leave power on the table. Most people buy into it and then pay good money for tuners to basically advance the ignition timing so the car leaps off the line a bit better.

Btw. The RRS has a sport mode on the trans selector that effectively does this (or use "sand" mode), and you can trick yourself into thinking you just got a tune.
I talked to a shop that loaded his tune and they went from like 453 hp on the dyno at rear wheels to like 535 hp, about an 80 hp increase.
Mods were: K&N air Filters(Oil removed), Computer
Re-program, Quicksilver exhaust, Upper pulley smaller (about 1.5 lbs increase.)

I heard he has connections in GB at the factories (relatives inside).

I was thinking about just doing the exhaust and air filters for now and do some more research, I have a 6 yr 100 K warranty.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
I heard he has connections in GB at the factories (relatives inside).
..and the Bugatti and Ferrari factory? Because he also adverts that he can reprogram a Veyron for 20K--and you can apparently do it yourself from your home or office if you want...for an extra $195.

Its your $ and do what you want with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
..and the Bugatti and Ferrari factory? Because he also adverts that he can reprogram a Veyron for 20K--and you can apparently do it yourself from your home or office if you want...for an extra $195.

Its your $ and do what you want with it.
I got ya...I'm not spending any $$$ with them..Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So they had a 2wd Evoque on the dyno? :D
lol..It was a shop that sells ( ECUtuning) tunes. It was a RRS he said, The shop owner said he saw with his own eyes the vehicle picked up about 80 hp to about 538 hp. He said the vehicles he is doing are leased. I own mine, so I'm not jumping on the wagon so quickly. He was cool, he didn't try to persuade me to spend money. I know a little about tuning programs since I have owned a Supercharged Lightning for over 10 years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmmm..I posted same type thread on RRSPORT.CO-UK about ECUtuninggroup.com and it got deleted??? :shock: :roll::confused:

Sorry, My computer at work loads slowly and I posted this in another thread and didn't realize it.​

1 - 11 of 11 Posts