RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a problem that may not be related to the L322 but I figured I would see if you guys might have a clue what I'm dealing with in my L405. Anyway, I recently installed a 10.25" android touchscreen in my L405 and everything was working fine for a short while when I first plugged everything in from the harness. After I verified that everything was working and before I completed the install, I unplugged the harness to sort the wiring for a clean install. After plugging it all back in, nothing seemed to work...I went back and checked all wiring several times and all seemed fine.

You can check out this thread for more detailed info...
https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/24-range-rover-mark-iv-l405/334716-alternate-replacement-head-units-older-l405s-3.html

To make a long story short, I ended up taking it to the LR dealer and they did a 1 hour diagnostic for no charge. The diagnostic report revealed that I have 5 ECU's not responding. The service tech advised me that they would probably need another 4-5 hours to diagnose the problem. However the service charge is $190 per hour. He also advised me that there could be just one of those ECU's that's causing the problem but they would probably need to test them all to find which one and that would mean pulling my whole dash apart to find the ECU's.

I really didn't like the idea of them pulling my whole dash apart to find the problem but I don't know what other options there could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts