RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 1994 Range Rover SWB, USA spec. I am doing some troubleshooting, and would like to verify the ground for the ECU. Unfortunately, I can't find the grounding location in my Shop Manual. Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
For clarification, which ECU are you referring to? i.e.; engine, seat, etc... ALso, which shop manual are you using? RAVE has pretty detailed electrical diagrams with pin out and locations for each component.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for not being more clear. I am referring to the engine ECU. I am using the Official Range Rover Workshop Manual, the LR Genuine. I do not have the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual.

Thanks.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Not quite sure if yours is a softdash, if it is, the earth point is E100, which is under the radiator header tank. I'm not quite sure on the hard dash ones, it could be E100, or there's quite a conveniant earthing point rover used on the trans tunnel under the seat.

·
Registered
318 Posts
main earths for the ecu are on the back of the head under the drivers seat and battery to starter motor earth and earth from engine to chassis pas side

1 - 5 of 5 Posts