RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dears Good day All, I am new here this the first post to me.

Is there a way how to make the ECU free or open, so i can installed in any P38 GEMS with out synchronize with the BECM. I have heard some thing like that. I have both NANOCOM & Lynx tools.
The idea is i am the only one in my area has NANOCOM and some of my friend come to me from around 1000km just to do some small works on their P38. i need to give him one open ECU in order to test the cars by this ecu. By the way i can read the EKA code for any P38 from the becm board,.

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
I think you will find that without the security handshake you will have a no start situation. If there were a way to install ECUs that required no security check surely it would have come to light at some point over the years.

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
Forgot about stand alone GEMS. From what I've heard those are for using the engines only in various other cars. They are not plug and play for Rover products.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
771 Posts
i think he means unlocked, so just plug in and start.
Im not up on the unlock status so I’ll leave to the experts

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
there is a lady in Britain who unlocks them for you. Without sending your old unit (not doable from where I live) I paid 160GBP. The advantage is that you can buy one without NAS junk, so that you can decanister your engine and it will work nicely with 2 oxygen sensors.
PM me and I will send you her email.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts