RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i'm considering getting my 4.0 chipped for a bit of extra torque/better fuel economy. Bruce Davis Landys reckons their chip will give a ~20% boost to power and torque, to around the same as a 4.6.
How realistic is this estimate? Also with that extra power, is there danger of damage to the gearbox/drivetrain? If Land Rover put a stronger gearbox in the 4.6s, then surely increasing power through the weaker 4.0 gearbox will cause problems?

·
Registered
701 Posts
There are mixed feelings about chipping. I wouldn't think it would cause harm to the drive train. It is pretty rugged. I would be more concerned about the electronics. 20% seems like a pretty high speculation if you ask me. But if it really does make a huge difference, let us know :) .

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
I agree. 20% is a little optimistic on a petrol model. So they say a 4.0 delivering just under 200bhp is likely to give 220bhp? Not really realistic. Diesel tuning - maybe. It should deliver the power more smoothly though I expect.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought as much. A boost to torque would be nice though.
So the stock drivetrain should be able to handle the small increase in power/torque then?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts