·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but the RR's been doing it since 2002

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/09/ecall/

Control ECU

The telephone ECU is located in the left hand side of the luggage compartment. The telephone ECU is the AKIRA ECU. The AKIRA system offers features such as Emergency assistance (either automatically in the event of a crash, or manually) and breakdown assistance. The emergency function can be automatically trigger in the event of a crash via a signal from the SRS DCU. If triggered automatically or via the instrument pack mounted button, the ECU will send:

• GPS location
• VIN
• WHich button pressed.

Note the Mayday option can only be selected if the vehicle also has the navigation system fitted.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dan

How do you switch this mayday system on a 2002 model upgraded with MKIV ? i do not have a manual to my system .

Jaybear

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should download the RAVE manual - goes into more detail. But for the moment this only actually works in the US as EU countries aren't set up for it yet, from memory I think its partnered with motorola, so you have to have the phone installed etc.

I think the eCall system is the start of the road charging system that the EU wants to roll out. GPS and GSM functionality in every car = the ability to track where you are at all times.

Dan

·
Registered
91 Posts
OK Dan understood .
By the way where do you download those RAVE manuals ??

:D Jaybear

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Try SEARCH or GOOGLE. It is in a few places in a couple of different formats. As it is covered by property right laws we do not post it or provide direct links here.

·
Registered
91 Posts
rrtoadhall

I understand your point , and we want this site to go on as its VERY informative . I will find the info where its avalaible .

Thanks for the great forum

Jaybear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts