Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do not purchase EBC rotors or pads for your Land Rover. I equipped my 2004 Range Rover with EBC green stuff pads and slotted/dimpled rotors front and rear. I did some research beforehand with mixed results. I assumed that if Atlantic British offered them as premium equipment that I could trust their opinion, but that was a terribly wrong assumption. EBC greenstuff pads are the worst pads I have ever put on a vehicle, period, and I have used many different pads and rotors on over one hundred. The pads are opposite of everything they are advertised to be! They are very dusty (dark brown and hard to get off wheels even with wheel cleaner), squeaked for first 2 months, were over half worn after less than 3000 miles, and scoured or left material on the rotors that caused SIGNIFICANT pulsation. I thought the EBC rotors were bad with only a few thousand miles so I replaced them with a different brand (Centric drilled). The same pulsating symptoms returned so I switched out the pads for Akebono ceramic pads, turned the rotors, and now life is grand. Akebono euro ceramic pads produce virtually NO dust, it is amazing. They last very long and the wear on the rotors is even and minimal. The only downside to the Akebono pads is I feel they provide slightly less powerful breaking than the LR original equipment pads. Please trust in my experience and do not go through the same and expensive situation.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I disagree!

I have used EBC slotted rotors with Greenstuff pads on my fleet of Rovers for years and absolutely love them... the "Bed" in process is simple and if done correctly will give you ZERO squeeeking and dust is minimal.

Curious to know what EBC pads you used??

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
459 Posts
I had Greenstuff pads on my previous '05 for 10k miles (also got them from Atlantic British) and did the full bed-in process and all that. At first they were fine, but as they aged they really started to squeal a lot. Not much dust, but besides the noise I also felt the braking was weaker than the OEM pads.

I like the Akebonos ceramic I have on my RRC so far.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Personally, I would never use slotted and/or drilled rotors, I think they are nothing but a gimmick. They are less durable and don't really perform any better... perhaps in extreme racing conditions you might have some minor benefits, but many race cars just use normal blank rotors.

Those who are saying you had good experience with these pads, do you have blank rotors?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.