RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear from those that have replaced their lettering with eBay variants. I replaced mine a month ago. It looked high quality. The adhesive tape was well hidden behind the letters and they attached securely. I was pleased at the time. Fast forward to today, the letters are starting to separate from the adhesive tape. Another fatal flaw that is likely not helping them stay attached is that the letters are completely flat on the back where as the hood and lift gate surfaces are rounded so they do not attach securely at the edges. Only the center is completely secured. Any other reviews? Any consistently realiable eBay or other vendors?

·
Registered
112 Posts
There are original black letters available also I will get you part numbers or links if I can find them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,459 Posts
My ebay black letters are still holding after 4.5 years. Make sure the metal underneath the letters is alcoholed before the letters are applied and that fingers don't touch the adhesive tape.

·
Registered
746 Posts
On my '14. I had the eBay letters, it still holds fine, but the gloss layer on top is coming off, so some of the letters are peeling, with spots of gloss black and spots of matte black. Was thinking of ordering another set and replace all of them. it's been 5 years.

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys with good long term experience, can you share the ebay vendor you used?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
47 Posts
You guys with good long term experience, can you share the ebay vendor you used?
Personally not a fan of Ebay, got scammed out of a set of black lettering that never showed up. I then purchased a pair from Supertweaks.com that are holding up nicely.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To close the loop on this, I removed both sets of eBay letters. To the credit of the eBay seller, he refunded my money and asked to have the letter returned so he could discuss the issue with his supplier. That said, I don’t think these eBay letters are ever really a good choice for the RRS because the letters have a flat back and the mounting surface on the RRS is slightly rounded making it impossible for the letter to lay down on the edges. There will always be a "lip" that sticks out. See photos on vehicle.

After a bit of searching, I found a set that had the same subtle curved back profile at PowerfulUK.com. See pics. The letters are significantly more expensive than eBay (~$100 shipped from UK vs $30 eBay) but they lay perfectly on the hood and rear hatch. Do yourself a favor and just spend a bit more for this set. It looks so much better (near OEM) than the eBay letters and I have no gaps between the letters and body.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts