RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ok I'll bite, since you've gotten 49 views and no responses, and the question you're asking is rather straightforward, which makes me wonder why nobody even has a few words either way. I actually don't think these are that close to the Rinspeeds. It's subtle, but you can see differences in and around the lug holes and the spokes themselves. I don't know, these look 'clumsy' to me, as in they don't flow well enough as an entire design. The center portion where the lug holes are is too recessed from the spokes. I mean they're ok, I did look at them, but in the end I ended up with Kahn RS-C knockoffs.

And don't believe the hype about replica wheels being of low quality. All of them have to be DOT approved (like tires) so while some might be made of a lighter alloy or different machining process, they are all pretty safe, and save you a ton of dough over the originals. Sure they may take an additional weight or two in order to balance, but you'll be fine with most companies just do your homework. Oh I think those genuine Kahn's were like $4k from Kahn!! WTF??

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
If you like the style, I bet they'd work just fine. Good idea to verify the load rating ahead of time, however.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts