Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RRS Supercharged V8 - Loire Blue/Silver roof
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -

I've wanted to upgrade the tail lights on my 2015 L494 since I purchased it a month ago as mine were hazy and had internal fogging when it was rainy. I really liked the look of the 2018+ lights and found tons of sellers on eBay selling different clones of what I assume to be varying quality. I decided to take the plunge and got a set that from a seller based in USA so I could return easier and quicker than a set from China if they didn't work out.

I was very surprised, the build quality is top notch, fitment was perfect for me and the LED lights perform well. Every function (brake hold, signals, reverse) are bright and uniformly lit. They also have the sweeping amber turn signal animation which was an unexpected bonus, it works flawlessly with no flickering. Total plug-n-play solution.

I offered $600 and it was accepted.

·
Registered
139 Posts
As a precautionary measure when fitting aftermarket lamps, I always run a light bead of RTV around the perimeter.

I’ve seen some look good but let in moisture, but again they’ve been in the $200 range not the $600.

I hope they provide lengthy service!

Reactions: LoireRRS

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
67 Posts
Hi Loirerrs great to see the tail lights worked out so well for you I have ordered a set for my car RRS 2020 only because I wanted to have the
sweeping amber turn signal to match the sweeping side mirror turn signals I put on my cars a few months ago.
I also see the make of the turn signal you bought is MZORANGE same as the ones I ordered at about the same price on eBay here in Australia..
I will let you know how it works out when I put them on my car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That’s a good price what did the postage and any import tax / vat work out at ? How long did they take to come .

mum thinking about doing front and back but I know you have to change the front number and wings for the front end lights

·
Registered
15 Posts
While I opted for the OEM version of these for my 17', this tail light design looks SO MUCH better than the pre-18' version.

·
Registered
2020 RRS SVR Carbon, Gallardo Spyder 6MT, S2000, CTR LE #22
21 Posts
Thank you for this. I've spent a bunch of hours researching to see whether 2017+ US spec RRS can have animated turn signals by editing CCF, but $600 guarantees this will work! Will report back for 2017+ models.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Good for you on skipping anything originating from or manufactured in China... I'm sure these taillights are sealed correctly...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Can you reply with a couple close up pictures of the tail lamps? They appear to be somewhat smoked in color?

2020 RRS SVR

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
258 Posts
Thank you. I had posted a question earlier about using the Gloh units or going with the PowerfulUK version. Both of which were north of US$1,000. Just one last check before I buy for my 2016. You remain happy with these lights and they have the sweeping turn signal function.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts