RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 HSE has been losing a bit of coolant over the past year. Initial visits to the dealer here in SD, always great to work with BTW, found a leaking hose coming out of the expansion tank but the car was still under original warranty. My EasyCare (Total Care) extended warranty was about to expire in about 700mi so I decided to take the car in for an inspection:
  • Water pump had a leak (this seems common)
  • Control arm bushings were shot
  • Leaking coolant outlet pipe
Dealer worked with EasyCare extended warranty - this has added roughly two days to the repair time for the bureaucracy but they decided they needed to send down an inspector. The EasyCare inspector approved all repairs same day with the exception of the water pump, they claimed only the gasket had failed and therefore they would only cover the failed component......I told the dealer I'd pay out of pocket for the new water pump because after 60k there isn't much life left on a water pump anyway. In my time working on cars, when you have to remove a water pump just replace it - especially if there was a leak. It wasn't worth my time for $400 to argue.

Passing this on for SA on dealing with extended warranty company. Disappointed they [email protected]$$ed the approved repair but not surprised. In the end they are eating the majority of what is no doubt >$3.5k of dealer work so I am happy.

I do intend on keeping the car but I am not sure I will extend the warranty yet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Easy Care is just the opposite of their name... I bring home my 14.5Rover Sport Supercharged... Long story short... 1200 miles later the engine slung a rod. I take it back to the dealer I bought her from just 6 weeks prior. The dealer's Service Tech, the Shop Foreman, and their Master Mechanic all agreed... it's a slung rod and the motor needs to be replaced. They all suspected that the previous owner let the engine go too long with too little oil in the sump. So they call "EC"... 28 days later I pick up my 14.5Rover with a new JLR "AJ-V8" motor. 26 of those days all the Service Advisor, Shop Foreman, and Master Mechanic were on the phone arguing with these a$$holes and 3 separate times were 3 different Easy Care chosen "unbiased" inspectors were sent out. They tried everything they could to hang me with the $32,000 repair bill. Thank GOD that HE didn't let that happen and it got paid for. I gave the Service Tech and Master Mechanic a $100 after it was done and told them to go have lunch on me. I had 34.5months and 34,800miles worth of warranty left on my Rover and Easy Care tried to say this was a Pre-Existing Condition and that since I bought the vehicle that way that it was on me... Horrible lying people. Nobody buys a car that sounds like 50 cats fighting in an alley way and has the power of a Ford Pinto...

Don't Re-Up with these Losers... They don't even want to give me my Rental Car Fee's back that I provided for a week myself before a "Courtesy Vehicle" could be provided by the dealer I have a feeling as I just got off the phone with them yesterday about that little fact...

But Easy Care will Gleefully take your $4981 for their "warranty package..." :/

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I am not getting another extended warranty - too much hassle. For 32k you could build a garage, buy the tools, source an engine and do it yourself in less time than that - what a nightmare.

Ive got 60k on my car, its got just about everything on it but the V8 and I plan to keep it for as long as possible. Many $$$ will be spent at an independent shop.

·
Registered
200 Posts
There are much better warranty companies for about $3500 and 3 years 36K without all the extra curricular BS I posted above. Just a consideration... I've been turning wrenches a long time and I wouldn't be able to do a full engine swap. If you have those skills and the time to perform a repair like that then I fully agree with you... If you don't then get a better warranty company as they are numerable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Which extended warranty company would everyone recommend?
I went with CNA National top warranty, Automotive Preferred Care+Plus! 9 years, 85K mileage limit! Great price too with scaled up deduction to $100 after $700+ repair. Only find it in auto dealerships however!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Which extended warranty company would everyone recommend?
I'd do some research and would only go with a warranty company that has 4.5 to 5.0
"Real Customer/Consumer" reviews and a whole lot of said reviews at that. "Easy-Care" is a real dead-beat-scumbag-loser "Warranty Company"... I wouldn't let them warranty a Fischer Price to do it over again...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts