RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All I’m having trouble with my EAS I’ve looked at all the EAS faults covered so far but not the one I’m experiencing, at it’s own freewill the ride goes to high level and all four lights come on, on the control switch I can clear the fault with “EAS KICKER” this just shows fault found and cleared, but two miles down the road the fault is back, my question is where should I be looking, the vehicle doesn’t drop over night. Any ideas please Best Regards Sillyboy

·
Registered
874 Posts
I would check your relay for the compressor.

Next time, when your truck starts to do the thing w/ the high setting, pop open the hood and take the relay out. You should hear the hiss of air as the compressor stops once you take the relay out. Once out, put the relay back in and see if all is normal. If it is, most likely your relay.

Also, this symptom comes hand in hand w/ a leak somewhere (leak causing your compressor to run more frequently), so I would start looking for leak somewhere as well.

Hope this works out.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Rich998a and THEOR thanks for the info I'll get back when I've tryed your suggestions thanks again
best regards sillyboy East london UK

·
Registered
640 Posts
sillyboy said:
at it’s own freewill the ride goes to high level and all four lights come on, on the control switch I can clear the fault with “EAS KICKER” this just shows fault found and cleared, but two miles down the road the fault is back, my question is where should I be looking, the vehicle doesn’t drop over night. Any ideas
Had exactly the same problem, New Drive Box/Module cured problem and has been as good as gold ever since.

Cheers

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
what's the fault the kicker finds? does it actually go up, or just the light on the dash come on? With soft faults, it goes to standard height, but the dash-light for offroad height confuses many.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Shupack the EAS Kicker doesnt show any faults, when you plug it in it showes a blue light this light then turns to a flashing green light which indicates fault found and cleared, if you get a series of red lights you count the number and then look at the chart to find out which fault you have, in my case each time I go to high lift all four lights show on the control switch after using EAS Kicker I'm back to normal, with just the one light as it should be.
Best regards Sillyboy East London

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all managed to pick up a complete valve block today including drive box, I intend to just change the whole block over but would like to know if I lower the vehicle to bump stops will there still be much air presure in the system, if so how do I let it out with out going under the vehicle, I'm to old for those tricks help please.
Best regards Sillyboy East London.

·
Registered
874 Posts
If you're concerned about the air pressure, the surest way is probably by way of RSW's EASUnlock software suite. In it is a neat little feature that allows you to take the air out of the air tank.

Sounds like you already have the RSW's Kicker, so I'm pretty sure you've probably heard about the software as well, if not tried it already.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
do you mean the kicker, or the buddy?

The kicker is from BlackBlox, the buddy is from RSW. the kicker is a full scanner, the buddy is the cool little OBDII plug with a psycadellic light.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi All with regards to Shupacks question the unit I have is from Blackbox, and is called "EAS KICKER LITE" it just finds and clears faults and has no usb connection just lights but only cost around £50.00p UK. after all once one has corrected
the faults for good it goes into the glove box until the next fault occurs, so I still need to know how to remove the air from the system in order to replace the valve block, Best Regards Sillyboy East london.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts